What to keep in mind
- If you exceed the super contribution limits, additional tax and penalties may apply.
- The value of your investment in super can go up and down. Before making extra contributions, make sure you understand and are comfortable with any potential risks.
- The government sets general rules about when you can access your super, which means you typically won’t be able to access your super until you retire.
- If you’re 65 or over and making contributions, you generally need to satisfy work test requirements and be under age 75.
- You can check your AMP super balance by logging into My AMP or by calling 131 267.
Important informationShow more
This information is provided by AMP Life Limited. It is general information only and hasn’t taken your circumstances into account. It’s important to consider your particular circumstances and the relevant Product Disclosure Statement or Terms and Conditions, available by calling 13 30 30, before deciding what’s right for you. Read our Financial Services Guide for information about our services, including the fees and other benefits that AMP companies and their representatives may receive in relation to products and services provided to you.
All information on this website is subject to change without notice. Although the information is from sources considered reliable, AMP does not guarantee that it is accurate or complete. You should not rely upon it and should seek professional advice before making any financial decision. Except where liability under any statute cannot be excluded, AMP does not accept any liability for any resulting loss or damage of the reader or any other person.