With a history of helping customers in need, we’re supporting Australian farmers through drought and financial difficulty. Insurance can play an important role in helping you continue to protect your livelihood and loved ones.
Giving farmers a three-month waiver on premiums
To help farmers in drought-affected areas, we’re offering a one-off three-month waiver from paying AMP life, total and permanent disability, trauma, income protection and business expenses insurance premiums.
To be eligible to receive support, farmers must:
- hold a current AMP insurance policy for at least the last six months,
- be approved for the government’s Farm Household Allowance (FHA) and be able to provide supporting documents, and
- apply before 31 March 2019.
Things to consider
- Farmers cannot apply for the three-month premium waiver if they’ve increased their cover or sum insured in the last six months.
- This premium waiver is not available to customers with Loan Cover, or group insurance arrangements and plans.
- If a one-off discount or premium waiver was already in place over the 12 months before applying, this will be taken into account when reviewing the application as it may affect what we can offer.
- The premium waiver will not impact your policy’s terms, and you can continue to claim during the waiver period.
- The policy can be altered during the premium waiver, but if cover is increased or a new benefit or plan is added, the alteration will only take effect after the waiver period ends.
How to apply
To get started, simply email a copy of your FHA approval, along with your name and policy number to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information
If you’re a farmer, contact your financial adviser to find out how AMP can help you. Or call AMP directly on 131 267, 8.30am – 7pm, Monday to Friday (AEST).
If you’re an AMP banking or superannuation customer experiencing financial difficulty, please get in contact with us. We’ll do our best to help.
Important informationShow more
The farmer premium waiver is available until 31 March 2019. However, we reserve the right to change elements of the relief over that period, including switching it off, extending it, or replacing it with an alternative. Any advice in this communication is general in nature and is provided by AMP Life Limited ABN 84 079 300 379 (AMP Life). The advice does not take into account your clients’ personal objectives, financial situation or needs. Therefore, before your clients act on this advice, they should consider the appropriateness of this advice having regard to those matters and consider the product disclosure statement before making a decision about the product. AMP Life is part of the AMP group and can be contacted on 131 267 or email@example.com. If your clients decide to purchase or vary a financial product, AMP Life and/or other companies within the AMP group will receive fees and other benefits, which will be a dollar amount or a percentage of either the premium they pay or the value of their investments. Your clients can ask you or AMP for more details.